I swear I am not trying to steal Alice’s story and bore you all with my dealings with the Mad Hatter and Queen of Hearts reference’s, but I do want to share some of my thoughts about my personal journey and the closest comparison I can make is to Alice and her tumble to Wonderland, where everything felt new and exciting and somewhat uncomfortable as to where she fit in in it all.
There was no specific day on which I fell down the rabbit hole. It just happened through a series of events in my life that slowly pulled me to face who I am and who I am not. Trust me when I say, there are many days that I feel that I am still in Wonderland, wandering around looking for the white rabbit to guide me on what to do next. I wonder if there will ever be a clear understanding on what or who we are here for. The sense of purpose people are always talking about and creating quotes about. I trust that I am not alone in wondering what the big picture of our journey is all about.
This post is not full of wisdom, and it is not full of hints of wit like my past two posts. This post is simply a start of my reflection on my journey down a hole to self-discovery and how I hope that one day maybe I will climb out with an understanding of what it all means for my path in life.
5 Things I have learned about life told through the words of others:
- “I am convinced that different people awaken different beasts in you”
- “God doesn’t give you the people you want, he gives you the people you need. To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you & to make you the person you were meant to be.”
- “The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can.”
- “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take”
- “You are free to choose but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”